In 1967 the Philco-Ford corporation released this ~25 minute film on what life would be like in 1999. The absolute definition of Retro-Future Electrics. It’s chocked full of retro-future awesomeness.
Some things they get right:
- Computer learning
- Computer menu planning
- Easy video conferencing
- Easy shopping from home
- Home Post office “email” that he writes with a pen…
- Computer assisted music making
Some things they get wrong:
- Typical 60’s sexism is in effect
- There are no pre-made frozen food packets in the way described
- This would actually be awesome.
- All of the computers are large 1960’s looking beasts
- Prediction of a lot of disposable items. (regular use dinner plates for example)
- Supersonic travel being routine 🙁
- As a frequent flyer from Japan to the East Coast of America, this really hurts.
Here it is on Youtube, Enjoy!
These ads help support the site, if you purchase from Amazon, consider going thru these ads to help support our costs.